Prestianni's Agent Comes Out Swinging: 'Everything Published About the UEFA Investigation Is False' - Benfica news
Benfica 21 Feb 2026 · LaLiga News Staff

Prestianni's Agent Comes Out Swinging: 'Everything Published About the UEFA Investigation Is False'

Gianluca Prestianni's agent Gastón Fernández has flatly denied reports about the Benfica winger's role in a UEFA investigation linked to the Vinicius incident.

The saga surrounding Benfica’s Gianluca Prestianni and his alleged role in the UEFA investigation connected to the Vinicius Júnior incident has taken another turn — and this time it’s the player’s camp doing the talking.

What’s Going On?

In case you’ve missed it, there’s been a fair bit of noise in the press about what Prestianni may or may not have said during UEFA’s inquiry into the incident involving Real Madrid’s Vinicius Júnior. The story’s been doing the rounds, and the speculation has clearly wound up the people closest to the young Argentine.

Enter Gastón Fernández — Prestianni’s agent, former River Plate midfielder, and now the bloke tasked with putting out this particular fire.

The Agent’s Response

Fernández gave an exclusive interview to Win-Win and didn’t mince his words. His central claim? That the reports circulating about what Prestianni said in the UEFA process are simply not true.

He also pushed back on suggestions that any formal sanctions are imminent, saying that nobody from the relevant authorities has been in official contact with them about potential punishment. So as far as his camp is concerned, there’s been no formal notification of any kind.

Key Points from Fernández

  • He flatly denied the accuracy of published reports about Prestianni’s statements to UEFA
  • Confirmed no official communication has been received regarding sanctions
  • Said the player’s wellbeing is now the priority: “the only thing that matters to us is giving the player peace and calm”
  • Hinted that once the dust settles, they’ll take stock of the situation — suggesting decisions could follow, though he kept that deliberately vague
  • Made clear they want to draw a line under the media circus and move on

Eyes on the Second Leg

And honestly, you can see why they want to kill the noise. Benfica have got Real Madrid coming to town on Wednesday for the Champions League second leg, and the last thing Prestianni needs is to be carrying all this baggage into one of the biggest nights of his young career.

Benfica had already put out a club statement before Fernández spoke, and the message from both club and agent is pretty consistent: calm down, it’s been misrepresented, let’s focus on football.

Whether UEFA see it the same way remains to be seen. Until there’s an official ruling, this one’s going to keep bubbling away in the background — whatever the agent says.

← Back to news